Apache HBase™ is the Hadoop database, a distributed, scalable, big data store. HBase facilitates random, real time read/write access to Big Data. Apache HBase is an open-source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database. HBase provides Bigtable-like capabilities on top of Hadoop and HDFS.
- Linear and modular scalability.
- Strictly consistent reads and writes.
- Automatic and configurable sharding of tables
- Automatic failover support between RegionServers.
- Convenient base classes for backing Hadoop MapReduce jobs with Apache HBase tables.
- Easy to use Java API for client access.
- Block cache and Bloom Filters for real-time queries.
- Query predicate push down via server side Filters
- Thrift gateway and a REST-ful Web service that supports XML, Protobuf, and binary data encoding options
- Extensible jruby-based (JIRB) shell
- Support for exporting metrics via the Hadoop metrics subsystem to files or Ganglia; or via JMX
2,375 total views, 1 views today